Lullaby Princess

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Rest in Peace, My Love


What am I going to do? I can't believe Dusty is gone, just like that. The love of my life, dead before I could tell him how much I still, and always will, love him. I haven't told anyone here, because they all assume that I'm over Dusty and, mostly, because I just don't want to talk about it. Nobody here knows Dusty, our relationship, what we've been through together, or what we mean to each other. I cried for about an hour after my grandmother called with the news. Rob knows something is wrong, but what am I supposed to tell him? "I'm sorry, the love of my life that I never got over just died and I'm so heartbroken that I can barely function?" It just feels as though my heart has been ripped out of my chest and I can't make the pain go away. It kills me to think that I'll never see, touch, or kiss him ever again. I'll never feel his arms around me. I'll never feel the electricity between us when we look at each other. To be honest, I guess I've never given up on a future with Dusty even though I know we've both "moved on." I always pictured us married, living in Oakdale with our children. Now, I'll never have that dream. So what am I supposed to do now?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Alison Stewart said…

    Lucy,
    From what I've heard they haven't found Dusty, so maybe you should be optimistic that they will find him.
    All my love
    Ali

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Lucy Montgomery said…

    I know what you mean. Look at Paul, turns out he's alive. And to be quite honest, I don't feel like he's dead, you know. I thought because Dusty and I had such a strong connection that I would feel it if he were truly gone. I hadn't heard they didn't have a body, so that could explain my feelings. I really do hope and pray they find him alive.

    ~Lucy

     
  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger lucie said…

    Lucy,

    I can feel your pain...

    But don't lose hope.. As Alison said they didn't find Dusty's body...

    Lucie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home